Monday, November 20, 2017

Thy Will is Finished!! -- November 13, 2017

Hello Family and Friends!
Well this is officially my last email as a missionary...time flies, right!?!?

Monday we had a great PDay and spent the day as a district! We went bowling and went to a shopping mall to do some window shopping (the elders ditched us for that part...) then we came back to Durham and did some street contacting before going to meet with a new investigator whose name is also Jay! So we taught the Restoration and answered his questions and then went home!

Tuesday we did some street contacting and ran into a guy named Richard we had met last week and this time we were able to teach him the first lesson! So that was great! Then we did some knocking before going to see Ellen and reading the Book of Mormon with her and then had tea with some members before going in for companionship study!

Wednesday we had district meeting in the morning and the district was so sweet! They threw me a surprise party since it's my last week! Complete with balloons...but no cake ;) then we had lunch with a member and went on blitz with the STLs. I went to do service with Sister Montgomery and we sold poppies with a member for Remembrance Day...which is like Veterans Day and everyone wears a red poppy to remember the fallen soldiers! So we were selling those and raising money for the veteran’s society! Then we headed off to do the baptismal program but when we called Kevin...he said he was too stressed with school this week so he wants to postpone the baptism so he can work more in the lab...so we went to tea with a member and then went to Ward Coordination.

Thursday we went to the chapel to have a Skype lesson with our favorite Emma! We talked about the light the world campaign and how she can be a light to us and her family :) then we came back and saw Richard again before going to see Jay1 and then went to Starbucks to have a lesson with a guy named Danny. We answered his questions as well and he wants to continue meeting with missionaries too! Then we had tea with a member and came home for companionship study!

Friday we had a lesson with Richard and then went to have lunch with a member before doing our service project at the charity Shop. We were in charge of sorting and pairing about a million knitting needles. It was such a headache!!! Then we went knocking for a bit and got let in!! We talked to this amazing couple about the gospel and they invited us to keep teaching them as well!

Saturday morning we went and saw Richard and then we came in for lunch and companionship study before going to see Jay1 again! Then we bought my train tickets for Monday and headed out to do some finding. We weren't feeling well, so we decided to do some bus contacting and we ran into this amazing woman and were able to teach her the first lesson and give her a Book of Mormon but she wasn't in our area...and she didn't want to give out her number...so she'll be met again! When she's ready! Then we had tea with Rei and then came home for language Study!

Sunday we had church! My last Sunday... it was Remembrance Sunday so sacrament Meeting was especially about remembering sacrifices made by others and also especially remembering the sacrifice of the Savior!! Then we came home for lunch and went to see the Smiths to say goodbye and then we came home for tea and companionship study and finishing packing...

Today we got up and had our studies and then I got on a train to Newcastle and then another train to Leeds! I have my final interview today and then a departing testimony meeting...so crazy!!!!!!

My Spiritual Thought for the week is from a poem one of my friends sent me that's called "I Traded My Heart for a Nametag":

"I traded my heart for a Nametag
And answered the clarion call
To preach His gospel two-by-two
In the name of the Savior of all.

Where once I held the battle scars, bruises and wounds
That stained my heart with shame
I wore proudly a plaque etched with letters in white
That boldly proclaimed our two names.

Then, as I worked with my might mind and strength
And my Nametag got battered and worn,
I felt my heart in the Savior's hands
Being revived, renewed, and reborn

With every bump, nick, and scratch my Nametag received
He was turning my heart in His hands
That, by virtue of the scars in His hands and His wrists
I could meet this hastened work's demands.
Through 547 sunsets, he toiled,
Mending fragments pierced by arrows and blades
Which pain He felt as a Roman spear pierced His side,
So my heart He could be save.

Now, I offer up my Nametag in thanks to the Lord
At the close of this Harvest divine
And He gives me a heart, beating strong and anew,
That I hardly recognize as mine.

His physician's hands filled its holes with comfort,
His Atonement has healed every one,
And my heart, free of scars, bears only one mark:
The countenance, forever engraven, of the Son.
Onward and Upward, for all the blessing of Christ."

I am and forever will be grateful for the opportunity I had to serve here in the England Leeds Mission for the last 18 months! I think those of you who have served or who have seen their friends and family serve can understand when I say that I've changed a lot...but the changes I've made have brought me closer to Jesus Christ because when we offer Him our all, He gives and brings us back as something better. So even if you can't change your heart for a nametag right now, think of what you can change it for: more actively fulfilling your calling, loving your spouse and Family deeper, more fervent prayer, more dedicated scripture study...the list goes on and on. But whatever you can offer, offer it. Because you'll never be the same!


Hope you have a great week! Love you all! See you very, very soon!


Sister Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment